Thursday, August 30, 2007

Air conditioner

So I tried to figure out how to replace my old ass air conditioner ever since it was hotter than hell last summer and when I turned it on, a cloud of dust flew out. I asked my neighbor who reminds me of my grandmother. She's got a tiny 1200 BTU air conditioner sitting in the wall where a 15,000 BTU unit used to be. She tried to help by putting me in touch with another neighbor, Maria. Maria's husband removed grandma's old A/C so he can certainly help me remove mine. However, every time I asked Maria about it, she sounded willing but the temperature rose with each passing day and nothing got done. Of course, I wasn't going to start bitching and moaning. I've never lived in a house with A/C before so I'm used to the heat and it's not a paid job so I'm really at the mercy of their spare time. Well, after nearly 3 months of waiting, it was either return the A/C to Lowe's or hire someone. I tried A/C contractors but they said it's too small of a job. I finally found a handyman and he made it look effortless. I'm out $200 but now my house is nice and cool.

1 comment:

Cary said...

I'm glad to see your cool again, yet you were always cool to me ;) *corny*

Anyways, IMO you should have hired someone from homedepot or some mex
worker a long time ago (yes that was racial, get over it.) I couldn't live that long without A/C in 2 days I'd be bitching!